Latest YouTube Video

Thursday, September 3, 2015

[FD] PacSec (Tokyo Nov 11-12): PWN2OWN Mobile first casualty of Wassenaar, CFP extended to Friday September 4

So we have the first bona fide research casualty of the new Wassenaar Agreement wording (ugh). HP and counsel are concerned over Japanese implementation of it, so they will not be involved with Pwn2Own Mobile in Japan. Given typical Japanese government bureaucracy, I don't think I can fault them. However, I still like hacker circuses, so I've ordered up my own RF isolation cage, and am interested in other folks to be involved (so contact me) in the competition which will continue. I'm basically passing the hat around to folks who might be interested in bug bounties for phones, so here is one of the limited chances we get to re-write the rules and patterns. My new plan is to hand over the bugs directly to local representatives in Japan, without the ZDI need to feed the bugs back to the US first - and make like the internet and route around the issues with export. Shortly, when we finalize the new bounties, we'll publish the new rules and registration process, which in all likelihood, will be much less complex. In related matters some folks complained about getting us mail for the PacSec CFP while I was at CCC Camp, and some office renovations yanked a cable and reinforced my belief that VLAN tagging is still bunk to be eliminated. So we'll be accepting proposals until the end of the week, just to make sure. Get your mail to us (secwest15@pacsec.jp) before Friday, all networks firing on all cylinders here now. Cheers, --dr

Source: Gmail -> IFTTT-> Blogger

No comments: